Join the 2018-2019 Canada Club of Victoria (CCV) Exec and have your say on how the Club is run in the upcoming year!
The CCV is a volunteer-run, social club which hosts three premier events each year - Canada Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We will be hosting our Annual General Meeting (AGM) at our Thanksgiving event on 13 October, at which time, the Membership will vote in the upcoming Executive for the 2018-2019 year.
Requirements to Run for Exec
In order to run for a position on the Exec:
- You have to be a Member in good standing
- You have to be a Canadian or someone with strong ties to Canada
- Plan on living in Australia for the upcoming year, at minimum
- Be available to attend CCV Exec Meetings once a month for 2 hours in the CBD
- Have passion and energy to represent Canadian values and the Club's mission
- Committed to the growth and maintenance of the Club
- Act as an Ambassador for the Club at events and in the community
- Varies by position and what each person wants to bring to their role
- CCV Exec meetings are monthly for 2 hours
- Expect time commitment to vary based on events but generally, 5 hours per month is reasonable
There are 4 core positions on the CCV Executive - President, Vice-President, Treasure and Secretary. These positions need to be filled in order for the Club to be operational.
Supporting Exec positions for the 2018-2019 Year include - Membership Coordinator, Newsletter & Promotions Coordinator, and Social Media Coordinator.
The position descriptions are found below.
- The President is the face and the energy of the Canada Club of Victoria
- Their primary objective is to lead and guide the direction of the Club as well as support and organise events and campaigns or delegate, as necessary
- They will be looked at to actively seek out new relationships and opportunities for collaboration and ways of reaching out to new supporters while listening to the members
- This position is best suited for an individual with program management and customer relationship experience who knows how to lead a team, can be patient and organised
- Must be well spoken and committed to representing the Club honestly and appropriately
- Energy and enthusiasm welcome
- Chair meetings when President is not available
- Assist on Sub-Committees, as required
- Club Ambassador to new members
- Look after the Club's bank account
- Approve expenses
- Report on Club finances at the AGM
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a budget in collaboration with other CCV Exec members
- Take meetings notes at Exec meetings and ensure they are sent to the Exec within 2 weeks of next month's meeting for approval
- Set the agenda with input from the President, and circulates it to the Exec prior to meetings
- Schedule monthly Exec meetings and notifies Exec of any changes
- Manage the membership database
- Initial communication with new members
- Prepare various list, as required for email blast
- Respond to membership inquiries, as required
Newsletter & Promotions Coordinator
- Produce the monthly CCV membership newsletter - collate content, create graphic assets/source photos to accompany content and send out
- Send out eDMs, as needed, to promote events and other relevant information to share with our members
- Create pages on website, as needed, to promote events
- Assist in creating Eventbrite pages for events
- Must be comfortable/familiar with CRMs (The Club uses Nation Builder)
- Ideal role for an early graduate wanting to gain some resume experience in Communications & Marketing
- Act as Social Media Coordinator's back up, when they are away or unable to maintain Facebook page
Social Media Coordinator
- Be connected to Canadian and Australian current events and trends
- In charge of day-to-day planning and maintenance of the CCV's Facebook page and likely support other digital content with the promotion of Canada Club events and partner events
- They must have a good gut instinct as to what is important to Canadians living abroad and be sensitive to all demographics and experiences
- In addition to responding promptly to any and all enquiries, they must have a good sense of customer service and relationship management
- Ideal for anyone looking to get into this space with some experience in promotion and marketing
- Intermediate graphic design skills considered a major asset
- Facebook Ad Manager experience required
How Do I Express My Interest To Run for Election?
If any of these roles peak your interest, please get in touch with the Club.
You can put forward your nomination through email before 13 October or during the AGM.